If your questions aren’t answered below, please email or call us. Emails will be answered in the order in which they were received, usually within 3 or 4 hours, and/or first thing in the morning PST. Our help desk is available 7 days a week from 9am to 6pm PST. You may text or leave a message; we would love to hear from you!
Call or Text: 415-533-3733
1. How do I adjust my artwork, that isn't a standard size, so that it fits in the mat or frame? (Cropping, Trimming, Floating)
There are 3 ways to “adjust” your artwork so it fits in our mats and frames.
- Cropping. Cropping makes your picture smaller – without cutting it. Position the opening of the mat over just the portion of the picture you wish to see.
- Trimming. Trimming means downsizing your picture, by cutting one or two sides, so that it fits within the mat window or the frame directly – without a mat.
- Floating. Floating means placing your picture on topof the backing board (included) or other decorative paper or insert you provide. This technique displays the entire picture – including its edges. It’s ideal for pictures that have a unique border or “deckled” edge.
2. What size and file type is needed to print a high quality picture for my frame?
The file type for optimal printing is JPEG at 150 dpi (dots/pixels per inch) or more.
Pictures that have been texted, screenshots, or those stored in a compressed manner may not be ideal. If you wish to utilize a specific picture that may be in the cloud, please download the “actual” or maximum size to your device.
In the Apple Help Center, you will find information on how to download iCloud photos and videos to you device: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209454.
3. Can I order a custom size frame?
Custom sizes, in bulk quantity (at least 20 frames or more), can be ordered and a price will be quoted. Please contact us to learn more. We’d love to work with you!
4. Can I design my own gallery wall or combine gallery walls?
Yes, of course. Just shop frames and upload your pictures individually. Hang them all together. You can also order multiple gallery walls, blend them, and enjoy the variety they offer. Hang all the frames any place, and any way, you wish!
5. Can you frame anything? What if my pictures aren't digitized? Can I just buy frames?
Provided the digital image meets our standards for quality printing, we’ll frame it. The file will need to be 150 dpi (dots per inch) or above. Alternatively, for original artwork, old photos, kid’s art, and craft projects you have at home, our frames are perfect (for flat paper up to 20″x24″) and can be purchased “empty”. Just click the FRAME ONLY option as you proceed to your cart.
6. What sizes are your mats and frames?
We offer 5 frame sizes, each includes a unique corresponding mat. Frame sizes are approximate outer sizes to the nearest 1/4″. All other sizes are exact. Each frame size can accommodate multiple picture sizes depending on whether or not you remove the mat.
7. What is Museum Quality Framing?
We do Museum Quality Framing. It’ sometimes referred to as “acid free” or “conservation” framing. The materials used protect your artwork for life. Museum Quality mats are made from cotton, or wood pulp, that has been specially treated to neutralize the acids naturally found within. Museum Quality Glass has been treated to block out 99% of harmful UV rays that can cause fading over time. All of this insures your art will not fade or get discolored over time.
8. How high should I hang my frames and gallery wall?
The center of your frame, or gallery wall, should be eye level – about 58″ off the floor. In your package, you’ll receive instructions with easy to use helpful illustrations that correspnd to your specific gallery. You can see an example in the Helpful Hanging section on our “How it Works” page.
9. How can I find professional installers?
10. Are your frames all wood and mats acid free?
Available in 5 outer sizes, with a museum quality double thick mat included, our all wood frames are handcrafted, cut, assembled, and inspected, in our California workshop. From $39, the 14 exhibit-grade styles are available with 3 types of glass. Mats are always included and they are acid free.
11. What type of glass is on your frames?
Our standard, is Regular Glass. It’s included. This glass is reflective and does not protect against fading. As an upgrade, we offer Museum Glass – its invisible and protects against fading. It’s a must for original artwork, and precious sentimental items. Plexiglass is the third option; ideal for kid’s rooms, pictures hung over a bed, or in earthquake zones. All options are 1/8″ thick.
12. Do you offer any other mat colors besides white?
At this time, we do not. Historically, white is the preferred mat color for Gallery Walls and photography.
13. Can I change out the artwork or picture in my frames?
If we did the framing, you will not easily be able to do so, unless you take them to your neighborhood frame shop? If you just purchased frames (FRAMES ONLY) then, yes! We use a flexible staple that will allow you to swap out pictures with ease.
14. How do I clean my frame?
We suggest a damp cloth or mild glass cleaner. On acrylic, use a soft T-shirt or chamois cloth. Do not use glass cleaner.
15. Does PiCTUREPLAYS gift wrap or sell gift cards?
So sorry, not at the present time.
16. How do I track my order?
We will provide you a Fedex shipping update when your frames leave our workshop. You’ll be able to follow your order right to your front door.
17. How long will it take to get my framed picture?
Shipping times can vary due to the custom nature of our products, and depending on where you live. Typically, we allow about 10 for Gallery Walls and about 7 to 10 days for individual frames.
18. Is it possible to return and cancel an order?
We are happy to do anything we can to make sure you are completely satisfied with your experience. If you wish to discuss a return or cancelation, please email us at email@example.com.
19. Does PiCTUREPLAYS offer special discounts for bulk orders and corporate sales?
Of course, we love our corporate customers and are happy help determine a n extra sharp price for multiples of 25, or more, on any style (and size) frame, mat or Gallery. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 310-526-5188.
20. Does PiCTUREPLAYS sell wholesale to the trade?
Yes, for accredited vendors, we are happy to arrange wholesale partnerships. With our already low prices, we can actually go lower and assure you that you’ll be able to make a comfortable profit margin on our frames and mats. Please feel free to email us at email@example.com, call or text at 415-533-3733.
21. How do I crop and make sure I don't lose any of my picture?
You will not be able to see about 1/4″ of your picture all around the edges. It will be tucked underneath the opening of the mat so that it stays securely in place. Please be mindful of that, especially if you are trying to position a portion of your picture at the very edge of the mat opening.
22. Does PiCTUREPLAYS have an affiliate program with professional photographers, bloggers, educators, and other types of partners?
Yes. “P” is for Partner as well. For accredited professional Photographers, Interior Designers, Home Improvement Specialists, and Educators, consider trying the PiCTUREPLAYS Partner Program for a few months. No obligation. No contracts. Just play; and get paid. Our existing partners told us to call it “[P3]“…so we did.
We give. You get.
- Some free frames & pictures [so you feel comfortable with our quality]
- Our gallery wall images to use for your unique marketing ideas.
- A personalized code which can be the name of your business [example: BELLAPHOTOS]
- When the code is used by anyone, anywhere, we give back up to 20% (we propose a 10% discount and 10% of net sales to you.)
- Your own unique “re-sellers” code
- The code helps gets your name “out there”, as advertising, so the more people that see and use it, the merrier.
You do the Math.
Exhibit grade gallery walls range from $150 to about $800 or more, with museum glass. The average is about $300. Picture this: 3 clients [or friends of your clients] each create a gallery wall a week, at an average of $300. What if 5, or even 10 clients, and their friends, each created one a week? You do the math. Last we checked, there are 52 weeks in a year. Get your calculator. Start multiplying.
23. Can you tell me a about your photo paper and printers?
Absolutely. We’re Epson people and your pictures are printed on an Epson SureColor commercial grade printer. To emphasize warmth & color, we use a premium semi-gloss photo paper. Its high weight rating means the paper is heavy and will easily absorb and project pure colors. It is smudge and moisture resistant with a smooth, bright white, resin coated stock… ideal for gallery images. Lucky you!
High Quality Guarantee
"Our handmade wood frames are cut, joined, finished, and inspected just for you. Your happiness is the most important principle that guides us. If you aren’t completely satisfied, please let us know."
- Fred Rubenstein
We’re available by phone Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST.